The sun is a factor that has a strong influence on the skin. And what there is in summer is precisely sun, which together with the water of the pools or the sea and the wind, can cause real havoc. To improve your skin it is enough to implement some simple routines.
It all depends, of course, on what your routine was during the summer. The more exposed you have been to all those factors that affect your skin, the more eagerly you should undertake the necessary tasks to improve the skin. The appearance of your skin will be the best indicator to know if you need a touch-up or intensive treatment.
The good news is that most summer skin problems can be solved with a little consistency and a few simple tricks. Improving the skin only depends on the application of some basic measures within daily habits. Find out!
Summer and skin
Exposure to the sun , water and wind during the summer ends up affecting your skin. The main problems that can arise are the following:
- Appearance or deepening of wrinkles from sun exposure. This is especially visible in the so-called “expression lines”.
- Dehydration . Normal skin moisture can be altered by both the sun and chemicals in the water. This leads to reddened areas, tightness, peeling and itching sensation . The skin looks rough, dull and dull.
- Spots on the skin . The fearsome spots are mainly caused by the sun. There are different types of stains and each of them may require a different treatment.
- Sun damage . Sometimes the sun’s damage to the skin is structural. In other words, it integrally affects the luminosity, natural color, humidity and many other properties of the skin. These cases require specialized treatment.
Improve skin after summer
In principle, the key to improving the skin after the summer is to carry out a thorough cleaning , complemented with sufficient hydration. To carry out this, you can go to homemade formulas or go to a beauty center. Ideally, you do both.
The steps you should follow are:
- Cleaning . As a first step, you can make face masks with natural ingredients. If you think that the damage has been very deep and you want to improve the skin in a more visible way, it is advisable to do a peeling and an exfoliation, hopefully in a beauty center.
- Intensive hydration . Basically it has to do with applying a hydrating cream several times a day to improve the skin. The usual moisturizer may not have the normal effect. Therefore, it is advisable to complement this measure with a homemade mask and drink at least two liters of water a day.
A very suitable cleansing mask is the mixture between an egg white and a teaspoon of honey. L to apply on the face and leave it for 15 minutes, then rinse with warm water. Apply it three times a week, then twice, and then once.
You can also get a basic homemade peel . The easiest thing is to take two teaspoons of oat flakes and one teaspoon of ground almonds . Mix in warm water until a paste forms. Apply it, let it act for 15 minutes and stir with a cloth soaked in warm water.
It is very likely that you will also have to do something to remove stains from your skin . There is a homemade formula that can serve you. It is simply a matter of squeezing a couple of lemons and applying the juice to your skin with a cotton ball. Let it sit overnight and stir in the morning. Never expose yourself to the sun while you carry this substance, as it will accentuate the spots.
Dermatologists also recommend following some care routines to improve skin when summer is over. They are as follows:
- Apply sunscreen every day, even if the sun doesn’t shine.
- Perform complete skin hygiene in the morning and at night, every day.
- Apply moisturizing cream at least twice a day.
- Consult with your dermatologist to indicate which are the best creams for your specific case.
- Perform a deep cleansing of the skin every week, either with homemade products or in a beauty center.
With these simple tricks your skin will regain moisture, freshness and shine forever. Remember that the key is consistency . It is useless to keep the care for a couple of weeks and then leave them aside.